The Malentir Vale
- Baron Calmark left Erathon for a short trip to Balatel one of the major cities in the Empire of Nerath. It is said the young noble has become quite enamoured with the daughter of a duke, some are even whispering of impending nuptials.
- The store and connecting warehouse of the Blue Deer Trading House was destroyed in Delver’s End during a bandit’s raid on the town – a fire breathing giant was claimed to be assisting the bandits in many eye witnesses accounts.
- Bandits have always been an issue, but in recent months travel between the towns has been a suicide mission. Organised, brutal attacks has brought trade to a standstill with only the most heavily guarded shipments having any chance of success.
- One of the Coven of Tarkul was found dead in her bedroom, rumours say she died from self inflicted wounds that were used to draw symbols of animals in blood across all her walls.
- Magestone was discovered in the mines at Delver’s End, the recent discovery has brought more people from the villages in to the town in the hopes of finding their fortune. The discovery was also believed to be the deciding factor in the recent Miner’s Union vote to decline Erathon’s offer and maintain independence. The vote was close at 3-2 and with the new influx of people causing tensions to mount in the town, has prompted Baron Calmark to send a detachment of soldiers, led by Enforcer Barton in the hopes they will be required to assist the Union in maintaining order.
- Things have not been all good for the mining town, two tendays ago the Temple of Avandra mysteriously burned to the ground and its priestess has not been seen since – whispers of demon worship abound.
- The House of Cabrion announced the discovery of an ancient staff of great power was made by members of its order in a ruined castle to the east of Erathon. While Apprentice Valus was lost, the staff was uncovered and is now the subject of intense arcane study.
- Lakeview’s town council agreed that for the good of its people in these dangerous times coming under Erathon’s protection was the wise decision. Life has changed little within the town, but the arrival of a detachment of Erathon guard, the halfling Judge Garner and Enforcer Lazmo have brough much greater security to the quiet river town.
- Rigar Tolmson, called by some The Angel of Erathon recently pushed back a monstrous horde that attacked the town. Assisted by the soldiers of the town, the day was won by the people of Erathon, its been said that Rigar single handedly killed the 3 ogres that led the horde. With recent news of the Greensong’s success against the Bloodarrow orc tribe there is increasing faith that peace may one day win out within the Vale.
- Word has reached from the villages of a particuarly brutal warband which has been terrorizing a number of villages, at least one village has been completely razed by the small force of orcs and kobolds, it is said there leader is a ferocious manwolf who drinks the blood of women and children.